Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7th, 2014 Letter from the MTC

The MTC has been great! Well, today is our p day and we got to go to the temple this morning and that was great! I love it here at the MTC and I don't mean to be rude or anything but I don't miss home one bit.  I love all of the people in my district and zone and we get along so good.  It is like we have been best friends for years.  I thought that the MTC would be boring and long but it’s not too bad. There is lots of food and we've made the mistake of eating too much a couple of times so that wasn't too fun but other than that it was good.  The love for each other here is awesome! Our branch president and all of the people in our zone give hugs to each other instead of handshakes.  The first time we met our branch presidency they came right over and gave us all big hugs.  We've had a couple awesome devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday. I haven't got the chance to play basketball yet but hopefully I will be able to play in a couple minutes.  We have been playing lots of soccer and there are some elders that play with us that are from Fuji and Africa and they kick our butts!! I did score one goal on them so that was pretty good I guess.  There are couple elders in our district that are pretty good at soccer and two were on the basketball teams at their high schools. One thing that I have notices is how small I am! (that is part of the reason I haven't played basketball yet) I have met two people from the BYU basketball team here.  I am the smallest and shortest person in my district and zone! I'd be the smallest in the whole MTC but there are some people from the Philippians and Asia who are a little smaller.  The MTC is huge and I'm just getting the hang of it and I’ll be leaving in a couple of days. We leave Monday morning at 3:30 a.m.! Why do we have to leave that early? We go from here to Detroit, then to Rochester and get there at about 5 in the afternoon.  I have been assigned as the travel leader, whatever that means? I’m sure I'll figure it out; I just hope I don’t mess something up.  I have seen lots of people I know like Porter Roe, Josh Dunkley, CJ Bowers, Tyrell Fredrickson, Erin Cox, Stephen Odd, etc. There are so many people here but its not crowded at all.  It is just 8 of us in our district and we spend most of our time together. I have learned a lot and taught a lot. I'm running out of things to say so I’m going to stop for now.

Love Elder Daugs

Sorry I forgot to tell you earlier. I forgot my water bottle, my patriarchal blessing, my priesthood line of authority, and probably something else. If you could send those to me in New York in a couple of weeks that would be great. Also, Monday morning I can call you if I want at the airport, but I have to buy a calling card and I don’t know what time it will be.  So, I might call some time between 3 and 6 in the morning.


Sorry I forgot again! I don’t have a way to upload pictures so that’s why you don’t have any. So you need to send me the cord in NY too.

No comments:

Post a Comment